Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Importing Txt from Word or Powerpoint via PDF

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LonArcvarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 2022
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Importing Txt from Word or Powerpoint via PDF

    I noticed recently that some users were having issues importing word docs. I played around for a while as I needed to do this very task, and found a way that may have already been published, but have not been able to find any reference to it so felt I should share it.
    Any text in Word or Powerpoint can be set to No Fill and Outlined. So I created a word doc with the " The Quick Fox" text. I then highlighted the text, right mouse click, selected Font, then select "text Effects at bottom of font window. Then set Text Fill to “No Fill” , Text Outline to “Solid Line” (colour as you please) then Outline Style Width to 0.01.
    I then saved as PDF and imported to LB. The outline came in as I wanted. You can do that edit change with the whole doc selected and hopefully get all texted imported via a PDF as an outline in Lightburn.
    Appreciate any comments.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member princemeraj's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2023
    Posts
    234
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Importing Txt from Word or Powerpoint via PDF

    This works great. They ought to pin this somewhere as a lot of people can use this solution.

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member ayawoalhassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2023
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Importing Txt from Word or Powerpoint via PDF

    I’ve had better results converting my text to curves before importing, especially when weird spacing happened. If you're working on visuals like timelines and need to move between formats a lot, I’ve also used an online timeline maker to map stuff out first—makes it easier to plan what goes where before getting into LightBurn. Save it as PDF after you’re happy, and then bring it in.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member cofali's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2024
    Posts
    348
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Importing Txt from Word or Powerpoint via PDF

    That’s a useful workaround for importing outlined text into LightBurn. Setting the Word text to No Fill with a very thin solid outline and then exporting it as a PDF seems like a practical way to preserve the text as vector outlines. If the exported document appears too light, you can also darken text in PDF to improve visibility before importing it. I especially like that you can apply the formatting to the entire document before exporting, which could save a lot of manual tracing or editing afterward. Thanks for sharing the method.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •